To all the oatmeal cookie fans.
I added some candied ginger, walnuts and a mix of seeds to the cookie dough, so these are not your usual oatmeal cookies. Once baked, they stay soft so if you only like crunchy cookies, you should choose a different recipe.
These are delicious with a cup of black tea. Give it a try.
Makes about 20 medium cookies | 1 cup – 250 ml
- 150 g of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 80 g of packed brown sugar
- 2 cups of porridge oats
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of baking powder mixed with a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 50 g of candied ginger, finely chopped
Preheat your oven to 180°C.
Beat butter with sugar until pale and fluffy, mix in honey, cinnamon and salt, beat in the eggs. Mix in baking soda and baking powder. Stir in the flour and oats. Mix in walnuts, seeds and candied ginger.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form medium cookie dough balls, leaving 2-3 cm gaps. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool on the cooling rack and serve with black tea.